Tuesday, May 7, 2013

One Day Later....

Hello party peoples, I hope you all are as unburdened by petty concerns as I am (probably not).  For those of you who don't know, last night concluded my time at Piedmont Virginia Community College.  The semester is over, its a Tuesday, and I am scotch....tape free ;).

Some of you may be asking, "So Christopher, what did you do to celebrate your new found freedom?"

Excellent question.  Lets start at 10:45 pm last night.

First, I watched the most recent episode of NCIS with mi padre while I ate some left over chicken, rice, and spinach. The episode was excellent, combining subtle character development with intense action that culminated in a "Oh no she didn't" moment that should lead into tonights episode.  I'm on pins and needles.  Between commercials we watched the end of the Spurs-Warriors game, a delightful double overtime thriller punctuated by  outstanding individual effort by Stephen Curry, and textbook execution by the Spurs. Mi padre had temporary laptop troubles so I played COD:BO for a couple minutes while he got IT to help him out.  We then proceeded to watch NCIS: Los Angeles which was a little disappointing.  While it delivered its standard quota of humor and touching moments between the characters, it was lacking in the fist-a-cuffs department.

Once this ended, we watched NBA tonight with Charles, Kenny, EJ, and Shaq and listened as the astutely analyzed the night's playoff games.  Dad left to go to bed around 1:30ish and I was soon joined by Christina.  We proceed to have a short conversation about the upcoming Superman movie Man of Steel (In theaters June 14th) before she to abandoned to embark on a journey to the sweet embrace of bed.  I however, was prepared for this development and proceed to watch the Big Bang Theory until 3 when I finally decided to hit the sack.

I slept like a baby and got up at noon, although I had already been awake for about an hour due to extraneous noise made by the fam (but that's part of the the gig).  After eating a sparse breakfast of Kraft macaroni and cheese, I watched Drew and Jared for about an hour.  We cuddled, played basketball, and finished our time together as I sat Drew on our exercise ball and bounced him up and down as Jared waited patiently for his turn.  Once mom got home (not a moment to soon as I was quickly running out of things to do), I proceeded to have some fun.  First, I got Douglas' science book and quickly confirmed that I had been lied to for the majority of my biology class this semester, not exactly a news flash but still unsettling.   I then proceeded to read the first chapter on the physics section of the book (it was on motion and force) in order to discover approximately how much force I would get if I jumped off a ten story building and had the power to manipulate kinetic energy (I'm currently thinking at least 622 newtons of force but I'm still looking for an appropriate equation to use, I'll keep y'all posted on my discoveries).

As I was scrolling through future pages, I saw a table with Morse code so I copied it down so I can learn it over the summer.  So far, I have all the numbers completely memorized (1 = .----; 2 = ..---; 3 = ...--; 4 = ....-; 5 = .....; 6 = -....; 7 = --...; 8 = ---..; 9 = ----.; and 10 = -----).

After I finished reading my chapter (and eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich),  I got online and ordered the first two seasons of Heroes for my Dad ( don't forget to pay me back ;).  Since I was already there, I also pre-ordered the Man of Steel limited edition score along a B. Reith CD and a few other items.  Then I went on to my blog to write about it.

Well that's all for this post since I have currently caught up with myself.  I now must call Mom to let her know that Drew's awake and I will probably be getting him up and feeding him a cereal bar of sorts.  Since the semester is over, you all can expect new posts coming near-daily but no need to bookmark this page, I'll be sending email alerts whenever a new post goes up.

Here is a list of this week's upcoming posts:
The day I got my first driving ticket...
Iron Man 3 movie review
Graduation preview.

I hope y'all have a splendid day and I'll talk/see/write to y'all later.

P.S. (Happy B-day Douglas!!!!)

5 comments:

  1. This is the best blog yet for me. Grammar is better, writing is worthy of your gpa....4.0 for those who don't know this yet....I am looking forward to the next one...driving ticket of course....I enjoy the incessant humor that pervades your discussions....your dabble with wit in the midst of the narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete