Saturday, May 18, 2013

Graduation Recap.

As the vast majority of you know, I graduated from PVCC last Friday.  This is your promised behind-the-scenes look at graduation.

3:50 pm
My mom wanted to get some pictures before I left (I had to get there early) so we had a quick impromptu photo-shoot.   It was fantastic (heavy sarcasm).
 Bought that shirt all by my lonesome.  


 What's that, you want me to look serious?  Okay.... you asked for it.
 That hat thing was awful, the stringy thing kept hitting me in the eye.

 In the background, Mom's being Mom

 When it's unzipped, it looks like a Sith robe.  
I... Will... Not... Smile.... 

So once this was done, Christina, my extremely well-paid chauffeur, and I departed for John Paul Jones arena, aka UVA's bball stadium.  When we got there, I walked in and then traveled through several dark corridors, 12 flights of stairs, seven mountain ranges, and a black hole before I found the check-in tables.
After collecting a variety of items including two yellow cords that would make a great jump rope, I was herded into a waiting room with all of the other graduates.  After waiting around with friends for about 45 minutes, some of the staff attempted to get all of the graduates into two lines.  Unfortunately, this idea was dependent on 400+ people remaining absolutely quiet which didn't exactly happen.  After this 15 minutes semi-debacle we finally were all in line.  After waiting another 10 minutes (for a total time standing up of approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes) they finally let us walk in and take our seats.  The rest of the official proceedings were your standard graduation fare, so I'll spare you all the details and you can watch the highlights by clicking this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t11YoHqGmHw&list=FLmcXAihUKFJVYT1T5wGShTA&index=1

After graduation ended, they had a reception behind where the speakers were, so I headed over there as quickly as possibly.  My mortal body was weak, I needed sustenance.  After getting some food, I took some pictures and talked with some friends before I left to go home.

Well, that's pretty much all of what happened.  Here are the pictures that I have from the reception.  Oh, and the next post to expect will be my Star Trek Into Darkness review.

 This is Me, my classmate and fellow PVCC Student Ambassador (and graduation speaker) Jesse, and my fruit plate.

 Just after I got off stage and got my diploma case.
 Me and Jon Bannon, the man personally responsible for making sure I didn't fall asleep during Humanities 202.
 Ok, before y'all freak out, I was NOT trying to flip off the camerawoman (aka Maria).  I was trying to do peace like Jon, but my index finger is holding a peace of cantaloupe.  What can you do, stuff happens (and no I wasn't going to put down the cantaloupe).    
My former bball teammate Tre, back from Cali
 Which of these is not like the other...
 My PVCC Student Ambassador boss Kemper Steele, aka the greatest game show host this side of the Mississippi. 
 My broski, who commandeered my Sith lord robe, and big sis.
 At home now
Douglas: How the heck did he get this thing on???
 Me and Dad
 Me and Dad... the sequel. 
 #1 son, #2 child; Dad; and #1 daughter, #1 child
Second verse same as the first.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, great post.

    1) I'm not sure where you got the notion that I was paid to drive you around.
    2) I enjoyed your description of getting ready at JPJ.
    3) great picture of you, Jon, and Anna on the video.
    4) next time ask me for my "adjusted" pictures. Aka the lighting is better.

    ReplyDelete