Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Christopher's Ten for 10: Top Ten VeggieTales Songs

In part four of this riveting new mini-series, I introduce you to my top ten favorite VeggieTales songs.  Now, this was an EXTREMELY difficult list to come up and a lot of good songs were left off.  These final ten songs are in no particular order.  Click on the song to listen to it while you read.

10. The 8 Polish Foods of Christmas:  When I was a youth, we had the Veggietales Christmas album and this was always my favorite song on the album.  I mean, who doesn't want five whole Kielbasa for Christmas dinner?

9. The Hairbrush Song:  I think we all have that moment where we lose a treasured item or we're forced to through away a possession that we've had for a very long time (A small, extremely huggable orange pillow for example).  The emotion of this song is so raw and honest that I can't help but think of my favorite pillow and teddy bear from my childhood... I think I'm going to need a moment. *sniff*

8. I Love My Lips - Pure sillyness at its best, this is simply a classic.

7. The Bunny Song - A song with lyrics so catchy it had children singing, "The bunny, the bunny, oh I love the bunny.  I don't love my mom or my dad just the bunny."  Needless to say, an alternate version of the song was released soon after it came out.

6. The Rumor Weed Song - "Have you heard the truth about Alfred?"  Yes, but by all means tell me again.  A great song for a great movie.

5. Endangered Love (aka Barbara Manatee)- I think everyone has a Larry/Barbara Manatee moment in their life.  No?  Maybe it's just me.  Still love this song.

4. Larryboy Theme Song-  When I first saw Larryboy and the Fib From Outer Space my life changed.  It's like a campy animated version of the 60's Batman tv show, just with vegetables.  An instant classic.

3. Bellybutton-  One of the first ensemble silly songs, this song has it all. Catchy lyrics? Check.  Emotion? Check.  Rapping caterpillar/worm hybrids? Check.

1 and 2. Pizza Angel and His Cheeseburger- If you ever feel heartless, listen to either of these two songs.  That thing that you feel breaking on the inside?  Yeah, that's your heart weeping in sadness.  I mean come on, what could be worse than ordering a pizza and the delivery guy eating it.  I'd sue his pants off.  Figuratively speaking of course...

What silly songs turn you back into a child?  Go to the comments and share your favorite Veggietales songs.

4 comments:

  1. I usually try not to commit on these things (and yes I read your blog, I'm not proud of it!) but how in God's green earth is the "rumor weed" a top ten veggie tales song! I mean come on. Other than that your list was on point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on the edge I'll give you that. What would you replace it with?

      Delete
  2. Umm.....Song of the Cebu???? The Water Buffalo song...I can Be Your Friend....so many good songs to replace Rumor Weed (which is a good song). Out of your list I would nix The Larry Boy theme and The Bunny Song (although I do like it). But the rest are good. Oh, and what about that Stuff Mart song the two scallions sing from Madam Blueberry??

    ReplyDelete