Monday, July 15, 2013

Christopher's Ten of 10: My Presidential Appointees

I like to think. Well, I don't know if "like" is a good word, I kinda just do it without thinking (I think about thinking... is that even possible?).  I think about a lot of stuff, tv shows, God, playing basketball, and thinking (also known as meta-cognition) among other things.  So something that I think about, usually once a month, is what I would do if I was the president.  For this edition of Christopher's Ten for 10, I will list ten political positions and the people that I will have fill said positions.  I will also give you a glimpse into how I decide what person would fill which position. Lets get started.

10.  Vice President of the United States of America: Tre Delaura - This was a tough one for me, because the position of Vice President is extremely stressful.  Not only do you have be prepared to act as President if the President is assassinated, but also act as a babysitter when presiding over Congress.  For this reason I chose to hand this burden to Tre.  Not only is he great with kids, but if I was ever assassinated he would keep the ship on course ( and keep my office chair warm) until I was raised from the dead.

9. Secretary of the State:  Coach Delaura- The Secretary of the State must be knowledgeable in a wide variety of disciplines, able to deal with difficult people who don't always listen, and, most importantly, enjoy traveling.  Plus, if their personality might lead our enemies to believe we would handle any threat with extreme prejudice... well that's just icing.

8. Secretary of Education: Tina Webb- I know of no one better to reform the education system of America.

7. Secretary of Homeland Security: Doug Webb- With great power comes great responsibility.  I need someone I trust, with similar views on law enforcement, to crack down on crime in a such a way that criminals will tremble at the thought of encountering the DHS.

6. Ambassador to the United Nations: David Lafferty - Considering that the Secretary of the State, the Vice-President, and I will already be ticking off the international community on a regular basis, I need the U.S. Ambassador to give my administration a kinder, more polite face.

5. White House Chief of Staff: Kyle Hersey-  Essentially my personal assistant, the Chief of Staff is the doorway to accessing the President.  If someone want's to see me, they better get on Kyle's good side.  He'll also be in charge of making sure a Justice League movie is released within two years of my taking office.

4. Attorney General of the United States of America: Maria Webb- Incorruptible.  That's what I need at the top of the Department of Justice, someone firm in their convictions with a high moral compass.

3. Secretary of Health and Human Services: Sena Woodall - To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what the Secretary of Health and Human Services actually does.  But, considering Sena is a nurse and has worked in human resources before I'm sure she's up for the task.

2. Secretary of Defense: Andrew Tyler - aka Risk almost-extraordinaire, aka my Star Wars Battlefront Pupil, Andrew Tyler's military background through his father should help in this position.  Plus he has a creative tactical mind, which should be helpful if its ever needed.

1. The President's Secret Service: Chafin Bryant, Josiah Bryant, Abel Cotten, Christina Webb, Jon Bannon, Colleen Talbot, and ... Dwayne Johnson.  I believe that if someone is not trying to assassinate the president, then he's not doing his job right.  With this in mind, I would need a crack team to watch my back.  Here's why I chose each member.
Chafin Bryant - a) Anyone I can hide behind is automatically qualified to protect me and b) he owes me for stealing rebounds from me while we played bball together.
Josiah Bryant - See previous comments regarding his brother + comic relief.
Abel Cotten - a) He's good at COD. b) he can repair the escape car should anything happen to it.
Christina Webb - Anyone who can kill a velociraptor with a vacuum cleaner deserves to be in the Secret Service.
Jon Bannon - In the event someone trains a bear or some other wild animal to attack me, I need someone I know is slower than me so I can outrun them and escape.  As the Bible says, there is no greater thing than to lay one's life down for a friend.
Colleen Talbot- In the event that I get wounded, I need someone a) with medical experience and b) who stays calm under pressure.  It will be my job to make sure I don't annoy to the point where she would want me dead.
Dwayne Johnson- He'd be the "rock" of the team.  Haha.

So what do you think my inner circle has what it takes to handle the hard problems that every administration must face?  Leave your comments and look for the next installment in Christopher's Ten for 10 (Top 10 PVCC moments) to show up in the next couple of days.

"Do not pray for easier lives, pray to be stronger men (and women)."



3 comments:

  1. Attorney General Maria Webb...I could get used to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your best blog post yet. What a fabulous team.

    ReplyDelete